10.04.2008

I really never expected...

that my daughter would cut her own hair. We've had cousins and friend do it and Mily watched as they've all gotten in BIG trouble. So I really never thought that she would ever do it to herself. Yesterday as she was sitting down for lunch I noticed that it looked like she had bangs, I thought it was the trick of the light or something. When I finally asked Mily what happened to her hair, I got this deer in the headlight look. I just couldn't believe it. So I simply asked her...did you cut your hair? Slowly she nodded her head up and down. I ran down stairs and found a pair of scissors along with a huge chunk of golden locks. Luckily for her our schedule was packed that day. I quickly pulled the front of her hair up into a little ponytail and I took her over to my neighbors while I took Josh to his allergist appt. (Wahoo, scrambled eggs for Josh!...but still no raw eggs i.e. cookie dough) when we got back Mily was headed out to a sleep over at her cousins house. I called my sister Trina later that night and asked if she had noticed Emily's hair, to my surprise she hadn't yet but she did offer to fix her hair. Bonus, I was hoping she was going to say that. Way better than what I could have done and stylish too! So this is my little girl with her new hair cut. By the way all the scissors in the house are now all hidden!




2 comments:

Rich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rich said...

She is very cute and she reminds me of some pictures of her mommy at that age. Did you ever cut your hair? I honestly do not remember any story of you cutting you hair. All I have ever known was the raw egg ice skating in the kitchen, and was followed by the ash dance in the basement. ;-)