Our ward did a fantastic job with the Halloween Carnival this year. The tradition in the past has been a trunk or treat...every year, no matter what day Halloween was on. Yeah, so the new Activity leader (who is not LDS) mixed it up and did something different this year...I'd say he is doing a great job with his calling! The 2nd Coun. in the Bishopric also works for a county Rec. center and was able to borrow some of the games that they do for their carnival so we had lots of games and a TON of candy. Talk about F-U-N! Then the Activity leader went around and volunteered people to be in his contest. Of course the Bishop (blind Ref) and Shawn were one of the 'volunteers' he asked! So he sat them down and then put 4 unwrapped cupcakes in front of them...fastest one wins --oh yeah, no hands...GO! Shawn came in 2nd place just as he was swallowing the last bite.
You might notice that through out the season my kids have changed costumes a few times. I always thought it was unfair that I only got to pick one thing to dress up as, when there were so many costumes to choose from. So I've encouraged my kids to pick different ones as we find things to dress up for. Although Mily really likes to be super girl and I only got her to wear one other costume this year. Me? Well a few weeks ago I wore my blue scrubs and this week I wore my black ones! Oh wait, I was a pioneer too but I think most people thought I was a 'real' polygamist from the looks that I was getting...maybe the sneakers were too much.
What a fun weekend.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

2 comments:
I would like to see that polygamist costume! LOL! :)
This is just for you Taya! I will put a few pictures over to the left...a little blast from the past. These were taken on Trek June '07 when I was 10 weeks pregnant. (Shawn and I were a Ma and Pa) Most amazing experience I've ever had walking on a hot, dry, dusty summer day. Now I don't have any pictures of me from a few days ago when I wore this for my costume but just imagine what it would look like without the dusty trail behind me!
Post a Comment