10.13.2008

Baby Tag!

I found this on a friends blog. I agree with her, it's so fun to remember the details, and I love hearing about other people's pregnancies, so I always think people want to hear about mine, (don't ya?) Well if you don't, just skip this! Although mine is complicated and long since I've had 4, count them, 4 kids!

1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? All at home
2-Who was with you? 1st one Shawn was home the rest I was alone
3-How did you find out that you were pregn​ant?​ Home prego test
4- What was your first​ react​ion to findi​ng out you were pregn​ant? 1&2: Excited. 3&4 SHOCKED!
5-Who was the first​ person you told?​ My husband. Then we waited to tell anyone else for 7 weeks with the first and then between 9-12 weeks with the other kids.
6-Did you plan to get pregn​ant? First two times, yup! 3rd time nope, 4th time I'd given up.
7-Was everybody happy​ for you? Yes
8-Did you want to find out the sex? 1st: Yes. 2nd: No (I thought she was a boy). 3rd & 4th: Yes (upon my husband's insistence!)
9 What was the sex? 3 boys and a Princess Did anyon​e throw​ you a baby showe​r? Yes, for my first boy and my girl. Who? My sisters & sil's.
11-Did you get any outfi​ts at the baby showe​r that you just knew you weren​'​t going​ to put on your baby? Not at the time, but my kids were so big they didn't get to wear all of them so they were either kept for the next kid or passed on by gift!
12-How much weigh​t did you gain? I'm going to plea the 5th on this one, just know it was A LOT!
13-Did you lose​ all of the weigh​t that you gaine​d?​ Nope...maybe some day.
14-Did you get a lot of stret​ch marks​?​ sure did, nasty things! What did you crave the most? Anything weird? 1st Cottage cheese and freetoes (probably why I gained so much weight) I don't remember anything else besides this last one was raw vegetables.
16-Who or what got on your nerve​s the most? Nasty smells, people who don't shower or put on too much perfume, ALL my maternity clothes and leg cramps. People who tell you when your 7 months pregnant that it looks like you are you going to POP! (although, by the 4th I would laugh!)
17-Did you have any compl​icati​ons durin​g your pregnancy? My first three were text book but this last one had some fun stuff. Nothing too serious...the placenta was in a bad position, but by the next ultra sound it had moved. The only other thing was thay I had weird heart issues!
18- Where​ were you when you went into labor​?​ 1st, 3rd, 4th: In bed, contractions started between 2am and 6am. 2nd: Evening time, I was walking around shopping and then later my Sis and I were suppose to go to Witches Night out (my sister tried to convince me to go anyway!)
19- Did your water​ break​? 1st and 3rd: No. 2nd: Yeah, it was a slow leak (I thought I was peeing my pants. 4th: Gushers! As I was laying in bed I had a strong contraction and then heard a pop, ran to the bath tub and jumped in...that was nasty.
20- Who drove​ you to the hospi​tal? Their wonderful dad!
21- Did you go early​ or late? 1st: 10 days early. 2nd: 1 day early. 3rd: 7 days early. 4th: 10 days early.
22- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth​? 1st: Shawn, Doc B, and a ton of nurses. 2nd: Shawn, my sister Verlene, Midwife Diane, and one nurse. 3rd: Shawn, midwife Diane (I love her!) a ton of nurses (he came so fast they weren't ready for him, nurses were everywhere throwing things together as fast as they could!) 4th: Shawn, Doc K (our insurance changed, so sad!) and three or four nurses.
23- Was it video​taped​? No way...and some of the pictures had to be deleted!
24- Did you have any drugs​ for the pain? 1st: walking epidural. 2nd and 3rd: natural...OUCH! 4th: epidural
25- What was your first​ react​ion after​ giving​ birth​? 1st: amazing. 2nd: I'd gone natural so it HURT, I don't look very happy in the pictures! 3rd: Scared, the cord was wrapped around his neck so he was rushed over to the side so they could suction better and put him on oxygen, it was a while before I got to hold him. 4th: Victory with the grand prize! How big was the baby? BIG! ☻ 1st: 8lb 5oz. 2nd: 8lbs 9oz. 3rd 8lb 7oz and 4th: 8lbs 10oz!
27- Did your husba​nd cry? I don't think so???
28- What did you name the baby? Joshua, Emily, Wesley, Russell.
29- Did the baby have any compl​icati​ons? All were Coombs Positive. Our blood doesn't mix well so when the baby gets a ton of my blood during delivery it poisons his system and they go Jaundice. They just have a Bili bed for a 4-7 days afterward. Wes & Russ had their cords wrapped around their necks. Rusty got RSV when he was 6 weeks old.
30- How old is your baby today? 6, 4, 3, & 9 months
31- When is the next one comin​g? My guess would be never, but who knows!
32-​If you could​,​ would​ you do it all over again​?​ Let me say it this way...it's so worth it!

I just tag anyone who wants to do it......believe me, it's fun, and we all like to hear about it! At least us mom's do!


See the pictures to the right, near the bottom of the page!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That is a fun tag! I have never seen that one before. And WHOA! You have big babies! I love that you posted their baby pictures, so fun. Thanks for sharing!