I've been pretty impressed with the Young Women that I get to spend my time with. Every month they have come up with some sort of service project. (They plan most of the activities...or at least the ideas!)
In January they pooled their resources and we made a care package for a Sister Missionary who is from Laos and doesn't have much support from home.
In February we dipped stuff in chocolate...I didn't realized how many different things could be dipped in chocolate! (Strawberries and pretzels...AND...graham crackers, marshmallows, cinnamon bears and more!) Yum! Then we made plates for our less active girls and the Single sisters in the ward.
In March we did Secret Service Leprechauns. We had big gold plates that the YW wrote all kinds of sweet things, we made little "secret service" leprechauns, a rainbow with clouds, shamrocks, candy etc...etc...! We decided to attack the doors of our bishopric and their wonderful families!
I don't think I have laughed so hard. The bishop and 1st councilor's house was pretty uneventful, except the fact that they live right across the street from each other and while we were decorating the bishops door, the 1st councilor came home...we hit the deck and didn't move until he went inside! We were so glad we weren't at his door when he pulled into his house.
The 2nd Councilor's house is on a fairly active road and we had heard rumors that some of his kids were going to be coming home from mutual pretty soon. So every car that passed we'd hit the deck, we were doing more ducking, than decorating. We were so glad no one was home because we ended up laughing pretty hard at ourselves! Up, down, up down!
Now I'm sure your wondering why I would be posting it on my blog. Well apparently the 1st councilor doesn't know the meaning of the word SECRET! Hahaha, he searched around until he figured it out...so he could thank us! And in turn they all searched us out and told us how fun that was. I laughed every time I heard someone asking one of the boys who lives in those houses if they were getting asked out to a dance!
It's always fun to do something for others when they are not expecting it, but is especially fun when it's something totally out of the ordinary!

1 comment:
You know, I think you should post about ALL your YW activities...You know, just for information's sake...Not because someone might be trying to steal-er, borrow-some great ideas or anything...
Post a Comment