Summer Cub Scout Pack Meeting The first pack meeting that I was in charge of (I had just gotten called to be the Committee Chair person for cub scouts and help plan the pack meetings, we had quite a few bumps in the road for my first 3 pack meetings....I'd like to think that I got fired from that job recently but I know better, although, it does sound funny!)
I've never heard of water rockets, never seen them and was just told to have the kids bring 2-liter bottles. Sounds good to me, we were worried about it being such short notice that kids wouldn't have time to collect the bottles so Shawn asked the guys at work if they had extra empty 2-litter bottles to drop them off at his desk. His co-workers really stepped up to the plate for us on this one and collected over 20 bottles in 5 days! I had to laugh because they were all Dr. pepper, Coke and Mt Dew bottles! Hahaha-sure, I'll bring those bottles to a Mormon Pack Meeting! (I'm such a rebel!) Although I did mention the fact that 90% of the bottles were donated!
I had a hard time getting a shot that still contained a rocket during blast off! I was so excited that I finally got this one!
Our Cub Master had rigged an air compressor to a launch pad that he made through PVC pipe. Brilliant!
Mily (pink shorts) waiting for her turn! Mily loves that she gets to participate during pack meeting!
All the kids waiting in line! Really, this was a fun pack meeting!
Cub scouts...fun times!



1 comment:
Water Rockets...That looks awesome! So fun!
Post a Comment