I've wanted to go to the Manti pageant for YEARS and YEARS! I always remember at some point during the summer so I go and check only to find out that I missed it! But this year I checked and there was still one more night left, THAT night!. So I told Shawn about it and he said lets go for it! Crazy! So we hurried and got ready, threw some coats and blankets in the car and took off. We picked up some fast food on the way and got there a little earlier than we expected...
we saved some seats with our blankets and then walked over to the park across the street and played games until it was time to head over to the pageant.
We had brought some toys as a last minute idea (thank goodness). While we were playing in the park we ran into a family from our ward. They let us borrow their bug spray something that we didn't have! Thanks Wade Family!!
Emily heard that the characters from the play were walking around and talking to people in the audience. Mily really wanted to go see that so she and I headed back to our seats. The boys wanted to stay and play in tha park. On our way through the crowd Emily and I saw, Lamanites and Nephites, we also saw pioneers and even Angel Moroni, it was really fun. This cute little gal (one of Jesus' followers and later in the play, one of the pioneers) came and sat down with Mily and looked at her craft book! She then talked about the Book of Mormon and shared her testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
It was pretty neat. All I remember from when I was younger was that the Angel Moroni appeared at the top of the temple and that Jesus Christ was there. I was so excited to share that with my kids.
It didn't disappoint! When the Angel Moroni appears the temple is mostly dark and the spot lights are on top...it's so far away that it takes a minute to realize that it's a real person. My kids got so excited when they realized he was real...his robes flapping in the wind. A few minutes later, he was gone! They also did a good job when Christ appeared, He was dressed in white with the brightest lights making him look almost like he was glowing. Then they had a huge powerful spot light pointed straight up in the sky and it went up as far as you could see!
I guess they've changed the name to the Mormon Miracle Pageant. It talks a lot about how the Book of Mormon came about, stories from the Book of Mormon and also how the town of Mani was settled. It was really neat. We had a some kids who missed a few minutes of the show, because they fell asleep. In fact I think that use to be me, this was probably the first time I saw the end! ☺
It was a really neat experience and I'm glad Shawn was supportive and encouraged us to take the opportunity to see it even though it was at the very last minute!

{I just realized that I'm sure it looks like that I have a ton of time to blog now! I don't, I just sat down and put a bunch of posts together real quick and set them to go off, one a day! Hopefully I'll be able to do that every once in a while and it will look like I'm a very consistant blogger! haha!}

No comments:
Post a Comment