4.11.2011

Vernal Equinox!!!

Spring has sprung once again! As you know it's our tradition to put up our trampoline on the vernal equinox.  We've been doing it for several years '09 '10!  Every year the kids and I head out to the trampoline and together we put it up. (okay, Shawn has helped once or twice!!)  This year I had a great idea to put it up myself while the kids were at school and surprise my kids!  I mentioned on fb what my plans were and within 10 minutes I got a phone call asking what time I was planning on putting it up cause she wanted to come over to help.  At first I turned her down, after all I have done it every year by myself.  But she insisted, so we came up with a time and she came over to help.  Between the two of us we struggled and stretched that darn trampoline with little or no success.  We took turns pulling on the tramp and stretching spring and ended up in a few giggling fits, we were so close but we could not get it to stretch all the way!  After we took another look at the hooks we realized that we had gotten one space off...no wonder it wasn't stretching!  A good 25-30 minutes we had finally got the trampoline up.  (whew!!  my arms!!!)
Turns out I don't think I have really ever put the trampoline up completely on my own, the kids helping pull the hooks as I stretch the spring, is the only way I've been able to do it in the past.  Thank goodness that the Primary President happened to check facebook that day.  What a great friend!
 The kids were thrilled to see the trampoline up and ready to go.
 
 Now we just have to deal with the non-stop arguing about who's "turn" it is to play on the trampoline!
 {sigh}

No comments: