For our FHE activity last week we colored our Easter eggs. I found some pretty good deals on eggs lately and so I bought quite a bit more than I usually do!
5 DOZEN!
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.
But the kids LOVED it because they got to decorate way more eggs than usual. We even had a fun new way to dye the eggs. I got an egg spinner last year after Easter, it was on clearance...certainly not going to pay full price for one! But it turned out really fun!
We covered the counter top with a few black garbage bags because we let our kids loose on dye this year!
I also bought the egg dying packs last year as well. They were much cheaper that way, I just keep them for a year with our Easter decorations. Although some of the colors didn't work very well, I guess that's the trade off of waiting a year to use them. We decorated the usual eggs: Eggs with names on them in their favorite color dye. Watermelon egg, Ernie and Bert eggs, Cookie monster and Oscar the grouch eggs, Chinese man egg, polka-dot egg, and a crab egg.
We also had some new eggs this year, Tye-dye eggs, striped eggs (never seen the rubber band in the package before...how fun!) Cat (or bunny, not sure) egg, bullet egg (tribute to Mario Bros.) Egg wrapped in gold and pink foil, and the US flag egg. They turned out great!
Fun times!




2 comments:
Fun! The kit we bought this year was little monsters...Came with pipe cleaners, fuzz (like for hair), and silly eyes and mouth stickers. That was fun! We always get about 5 dozen...It works for us, because Lee likes to make pickled eggs with them after...(Shudder! Eyuck!)
WOW, lots of eggs!! You are all so creative, I wish I had that kind of imagination. Fun times!!!
Post a Comment