So I told my kids I was NOT buying ♥valentines♥ this year, we were going to make them ourselves. so here's what we did:
I had a TON of construction paper so we picked out a few colors, cut out the shapes we needed and made paper hearts!
They were a bit trickier than what I first imagined...but once we got the hang of it, even my 5 year old was doing them by himself!
A picture diagram of how to make them:
DONE!
See? Easy.Then I looked around and found that I have quite a few bags of expired flour (anyone need expired flour?) So I made koolaid play dough!
Wrapped them in a snack size baggie, made sure to include a note...cause what a horrible trick if the kids thought it was candy (things that normal people put in valentines!) and put them inside the heart pocket!
And there you have it! Cost me ZERO dollars to make since I had all the materials on hand! Although making 80+ of these....not so fun!

Here is the recipe for Kool-aide play dough, I found it somewhere in the Internet-sphere...but I don't know where.
2 1/2 to 3 cups flour
2 cups boiling water with 1 package Kool-aid (any flavor)
3 tablespoons corn oil
1/2 cup salt
1 tablespoon alum
Mix ingredients and knead with flour. Use more if the dough draws moisture in high humidity, use less in dry climate. Keeps well, has a nice fragrance and is very colorful and very flexible. This recipe is super soft and the colors are great.
4 comments:
You are so smart, crafty and creative. Great Job!
Oooh, so cute!! I love 'em!
I'd have probably gotten half way through them, and said, "Nevermind. Kids, we're heading for the store!"
Very cute, though...And I bet the kids loved the playdoh!
How creative and thrifty of you! I love that you were able to do it all without spending a dime.
Post a Comment