We left in what we thought was plenty of time to get to the show but quickly found out that the SL St. Patricks Day parade route was directly in our way!!! So plan B...we'll park somewhere else. We ended up driving the round-about way and got stuck sitting through a few extra lights but finally decided to park in the most expensive lot around! $7!!! Sheesh. We actually parked at the Salt Palace Convention center which is right behind Abravanel Hall and ran through a hallway of young cheer leading groups practicing for their performances. As soon as we got off the elevator into the Salt Palace, Rusty gasped as he looked around and said..."it's beautiful!" Me? I said, "uh,huh...now RUN!" We got to Abravanel Hall, gave them the tickets and were walking to our seat when an announcer gave the 3- minute warning! Whew, just a few minutes to find our seat and catch our breath! Pretty good seats!
The building was beautiful and amazing! We sat there a minute or two before the show just taking in the sights of the building! Of course Rusty moves just as I take the picture!
Getting to sit and listen to the Utah Symphony LIVE...amazing! The conductor did such a great job with the kids! David Cho
He even let the kids help with the music. He taught them how to rub their hands together to make a soft sound and to snap to make a staccato sound. He even added those sounds to the songs! He would turn around and bring the kids in by rubbing or snapping. It was a fantastic way to entertain the kids during the music part of the show!
Ballet West II did a fantastic job with the show! We had a narrator who was quite a character and brought so much to the story! The dancers were great! Mily was entranced with the Ballet....especially the Blue Bird! "She's swift and clever!"~Mily quote
Me I thought the duck was classic! Wesley liked the silly hunters. Josh and Rusty liked the wolf even though more than once Rusty hid his face in my chest saying I don't like that scary guy! Then he ended up running over to his dad's seat...apparently dad can protect against wolves just a little better than mom can!After the play/concert was done, we headed back to our car. Again as soon as we entered the building Rusty says "It's just so beautiful!" So I decided to take a picture of the place that Rusty thinks is just breath taking!
Such a silly kid! But he thought it was great!
A big shout-out to the Blake family for offering the tickets! Thank you! -thank you! -thank you!

I had to re-check exactly how to spell Abravanel Hall -- A bra, van el Hahaha! I know, I'm a geek!








2 comments:
Swift and clever?! She is hilarious! I love that girl's vocabulary!
We've never been to the symphony or the ballet...I always think we should get tickets!
How fun! A few years ago my dad took me to see Michael Buble there. It was amazing. Not only the show, but I agree that the place is really pretty.
Post a Comment