7.07.2010

What???? Why???

Sometimes it's a mystery why people choose to do things the way they do. This is certainly one of those things. I was watering my garden boxes by hand (flooding the box with the hose) because our sprinkling system for the garden SUCKS! While I was over there, one of the sprinkling stations came on and after a minute I noticed water bubbling up in between the rocks in the walkway! OH NO! A broken pipe!...I'm going to have to tear out the walk way to fix it???? CRAP! So I called Shawn and I tell him the news, he asks me to re-run that same station and see if I can duplicate it or see where the water is coming from. So I did and I got over there and this is what I saw! Do you see it? Next to all the lovely green weeds growing in the walkway, that apparently has had plenty of water? Yeah a sprinkler HEAD!
What the? Why would you lay the path without taking care of the sprinkler beneath it? I'm assuming that for several years this sprinkler, which has turned on every time station #4 ran, has finally eroded and moved enough of the path that it finally had enough room to pop up! CrAzY! So instead of having to dig up the entire walkway Shawn just had to move a few of the rocks ....and capped the sprinkler head!If you look at the photo above you can see that the only place the garden sprinkler actually gets water is in the middle and then it's just a small spot...see ? Dumb system!
But don't you think that's just crazy? Wow, some people just do weird things!

3 comments:

Dexy said...

That's so weird to have sprinklers in the walkway but some people do weird stuff.

Tiffany McAlister said...

Maybe they were hoping the walkway would grow...

Teachinfourth said...

That Shawn's got skills...