7.12.2010

The cave of WONDERS!

We decided to go to a different campsite up Big Cottonwood Canyon I think this one is called Ledge mere. We've been here before but we've never walked all through the picnic areas. We were evaluating which spot we wanted when I walked to the last few and noticed a bunch of teenage boys kneeling down looking into what appeared to be a cave! So I went and got my kids and brought them all back to see it! It was so awesome, as Josh got to the opening of the cave, I yelled: "It's a BEAR cave...Awwww! Just as I grabbed his sides! Yeah, he jumped and screamed! As a parent I love to tease and torture...it's SO much fun! No wonder my dad use to do it to us all the time! My kids are now asking when we are going back to the cave of WONDERS..."and remember to bring a flash light next time." They all remind me.Taking the standard pictures of the kids....on by the river and one in the forest! Then mom had a crazy idea for a family picture...self timer of course. This is the only one that looked good...we are all doing the same thing! My favorite is Rusty.Eating our traditional Subway sandwiches.Watching our dinner time show. Three young men rappelling down the cliff side up above our picnic site. Shawn leaned over and said "I hope they are good at that, I've got all my children here watching!" They made it down in about a half an hour later or so....they were telling us how intense a few of those places were. We told them we were grateful for the G rated entertainment! We had a quick FHE and then we were ready for Dessert! SMORES...of course!This is the best way to make Smores. (In my opinion!) This is how I grew up eating them...mush easier to make and eat. Although I like the taste both ways!Look how full the river was! it's all the way up to one of the picnic spots! Crazy amount of water!So has anyone ever been into the cave of wonders at this picnic spot? Some teenage kids said it wasn't too steep or bad but there is some water on the cave floor...any adults want to verify that for me?

3 comments:

Connie said...

Never been in the cave of wonders or any other cave! Claustrophobia is a horrible thing! (shudder) Cute pictues of your family! Sounds like a great FHE!

Doug & April said...

What a great idea for S'mores!!

The "bear" cave is hysterical!

Looks like you guys had a great time.

Kelly Jean said...

Mmm, those s'mores look divine! And so fun - I love exploring caves & going on adventures!! Looks/sounds like it was a great time!