7.13.2010

Seven-Four

We love the PARADE!Josh and his friend got to go hand out flags at the WJ Parade last Saturday. Even though we didn't get to just walk in the parade, it was still a lot of fun! The boys were so busy handing out flags to all the kids that they didn't realized how far they actually walked...when we drove the parade route afterwards they were blow away at how far it was! That night we went to go see the big fireworks, we've only done this maybe twice with the kids. I figured that now that they're a little bigger they would enjoy it! I was wrong. They all complained about being cold and tired...it actually started to rain a little. Rusty fell asleep and was bothered by all the loud noise going on! When it was all done I asked them all if they like it, they shruged and said it was Okay! I asked if they wanted to come back next year and do it again and they all yelled No! Hahaha!
Then something happened that I've never seen before...ever!Our kids fell asleep in the car! That never happens no matter what time of night, no matter how tired they are, it's never happened...especially not all at once! Weird! (A few weeks ago we left Lagoon at almost 11 at night and they were ALL still wide awake an hour later!)On Monday we got to continue with the holiday celebrations by having family over for dinner and fireworks! The kids actually had fun with almost all the fireworks this year...I was pleasantly surprised. The sparklers were a big hit...as usual.
But I think Cody had the most fun!Success! ...lighting a sparkler from both ends! Look how proud he is of his accomplishment!Then time for the glow sticks. Half the fun of watching the fireworks is dressing up like one! Here is a little 4 second video of what it's like to watch fireworks at our house...

What? Don't your kids dance in front of your fireworks? It makes it much more entertaining! Thanks goes to Uncle Cody for "starting it" he's got some awesome robot moves! ☻

Happy Independence day!

No comments: