7.06.2010

Last day of school program!

Mily had a cute little program for her last day of Kindergarten. Each of the kids had to pick a nursery rhyme to recite, Mily chose to do Little Bo-Peep! She was the cutest by far! The kids could do anything they wanted to add to the nursery rhyme, including bringing prop's...we did one better. Because how awesome my sister Verlene made Mily's pioneer dress 3 years ago....she can still wear it. I just had to un-stitched a few of the decorative hems (which gave us a little under 2 inches in length, I could have got another 1/2 in but I'd have to redo the seem...nah!) and the sleeves, waist and neck lines are all expandable! I un-picked one decorative hem out of the bloomers so they would show just past the bottom of her skirt!AWESOME! So we just adjusted it to fit her a little better, added a shepherds crook and a stuffed sheep (actually it was a goat...shhhhh!) and Voila..Miss Bo-Peep! Luckily she also got to sit right in front of me during the program.

What a cutie! I don't know why I always cut the end off...she had the cutest grin when everyone started to clap for her!Mily got two awards. An attendance award and the "outstanding Academic Achievement" award. She also got her report card which her teacher said that only two kids in the class got perfect report cards...Mily was one of them! Awesome!
She walked into school that day a Kindergartener and now she's on to bigger and better...watch out first grade, here she comes!

4 comments:

Cristy said...

That is way cute!!! Great job Mily!!

Tiffany McAlister said...

She's so stinkin cute! :D Congrats on finishing Kindergarten, Mily! Way to go!

Pollyanna said...

Congrats, Mily (and her mom--awesome costume)!

Sydney said...

Awesome job, Mily!! You look so adorable!!( Great job on the costume, Rhoda!)