How else would you get 9 boys willing to walk around the neighborhood picking up trash?
I'm pretty proud of my boys! They did an excellent job, our neighborhood looks fantastic!
We walked over to the church house and practiced doing an outdoor flag ceremony. We were practicing for our monthly pack meeting coming up. I didn't get any pictures of the actual ceremony because darn it, I can't be in two places at once, but the boys did great! I had a ton of compliments on how well the boys did. This is a picture after the boys lowered the flag, they are now folding it.
I watched a ton of YouTube video's trying to figure out what a outdoor flag ceremony should look like and I spliced one together using everything I liked. There is one part where the caller says "Cub Scouts, prepare the colors!" Then the boys unfold the flag so that it is folded only in half once...two boys are holding on to the corners and the caller yells, "Present the colors!" and the two boys unfold and snap the flag toward the audience....that was the boys favorite part....and the audience! Pretty fun to have the opportunity to learn how to do things like flag ceremonies, I would normally not get that chance. Although my next requirement is building something with tools...HELP! I am a 'tard when it comes to tools and building things...any suggestions?

2 comments:
The images are great! I'm glad you're helping to show them about service when they are still young.
Projects with tools…maybe birdhouse kits? Repairing fences in the neighborhood?
Maybe a paddle-boat?
http://home.comcast.net/~tmlevandusky/PowWow-woodworking/plans/rubber-band-boat.pdf
http://home.comcast.net/~tmlevandusky/PowWow-woodworking/plans/paddle-boat.pdf
We did bird houses...and the boys had a blast! 1 week we built them, the next we decorated them...the boys really seemed to enjoy.
Post a Comment