1.23.2010

Oh the joy of a two year old!

So shall I say it begins or it continues?

Look at the Rusty Wreckage we found in Mily's room!

Fantastic. Very Artistic. Wont come off. Gunna have to repaint!

So I noticed it was quiet in the house, so I went to investigate and found Rusty sitting on Emily's bedroom floor playing with some Dora toys. I take a step in the room and ask him if he's having a fun time, and he replies..."BIG MESSY!" Which in previous circumstances tells me--it's not good! Sure enough he then points his little chubby finger over towards the closet and I instantly see it. PINK PERMANENT MARKER. Oh dear, I had people coming over in 20 minutes and this was the first time they'd been to my new house and wanted a tour! (They laughed!) Well now its got a little more color and pizazz, that is....Emily's room does. All that happened with the magic eraser was that it turned the sponge pink and made a few spots on the wall a shade lighter. We talked to our big sister about making sure all markers were downstairs in the craft room, even if they are hers and she got them for Christmas. She agreed knowing it could have been the green or the blue marker instead of pink and that would have just been HORRIBLE.Rusty is very proud of his work...He gladly shows all the visitors his "great BIG BIG BIG NO-NO's! Then he walks them around the room and points them all out. Here is a no-no, over here too. Lovely. He got the closet doors, the wall (pink on pink isn't too bad, but still) the dresser the bed frame the bedspread, the laundry basket, himself and the clothes that he was wearing. Thank goodness he was wearing a red shirt and it doesn't show up too bad. Although it was his new Mickey Mouse shirt he got from his birthday the day before. Seriously...what am I going to do with this kid. It's a good thing he's so darn cute...

Well, I guess mom better keep a better eye out and at least take pictures so I can have proof of the wreckage along the way!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Drat! Sorry about the mess! Have you tried a Magic Eraser? Sometimes that can get it off, or at least make it look less noticeable!

Unknown said...

Little stinker! I'm sad to learn the magic eraser didn't work. They got black permanent marker of my granite counter tops so I was beginning to think they were undefeated. Hairspray and lots of rubbing got black permanent marker off of Aiden's skin, but I'm not sure about walls. We have only done plain pen ink so far. Crossing fingers.

Frankly, I'm just glad this was not the result of the combo of Rusty and Aiden! Phew!