We didn't do ANYTHING for our school off-track time. I feel really bad. I guess that's what happens when you have Joy School Christmas program practices, and performance(s), a huge family Christmas party to host, Son's baptism and birthday, all within 10 days of each other. Then the rest of the time was spent doing regular holiday busy work. It wasn't until after Christmas when they are officially on Winter Break that we did anything that they would consider off-track fun! Josh and Mily were students of the month back in October and they both got a pass to the local Rec center. Well I recently looked at those passes and they expired at the end of the year. So a few days before they expired we ran over there and enjoyed a few hours of fun in the...pool!
Here are my kids during the "get out of the pool and freeze for 5 minutes" Why do they do that....can anyone tell me?

That's just how we are...a little crazy!

Here is Joshie...totally cool!

Mily...such a sweetie

This is just after they blew the whistle and let all the kids run back in! Wesley, staying close to mom.

Rusty....who would almost flip over because his life vest was too big!

Well at least we got to do one thing...right?! Now they are back in school and loving it...mom is too!
3 comments:
oh, swimming is soo fun. My kids love to go swimming! Glad they enjoyed one fun activity, but really I think all the rest of the stuff going on counts as fun too!
WAY FUN! As for the 5 min. break...every rec does it that I've been to, so I asked last time...its for those kiddos that won't tell their parents they have to potty...ewwww groossss, I know!!! But it also gives them time to check the water too lol Sounds like you had a fun time....btw WE STILL NEED TO GET TOGETHER!!!!
Swimming in December is GENIUS! Makes the winter not feel as long.
Post a Comment