We went sledding on new years eve with a few cousins. It's always a fun time getting 6 kids ready with snow gear. Thank goodness I had my sister and it doesn't hurt that 4 of them pretty much did it themselves!
After I had announced that we'd be going and the kids RAN and got their snow clothes on they were just waiting around for mom to finally get ready to leave. They were so impatient, they were starting to try out the sleds in the garage!
We all had a great time...Rusty's favorite part about sledding is the flavor of the snow! Why must children do that?
Mommy and Rusty taking a turn before the cold baby (and cold Auntie) went to warm up in the car.
The park that we picked was pretty sad, lets face it when you ram into a fence every time.... Oh well, it was the closest one. You'll have to give me a shout out if you know of a good sledding hill here in the valley.
But honestly we had snow, sleds and cousins...everything we needed for a super fun time. At first everyone was having a hard time going down the hill. You know?.... fresh powder! I told them they just needed to get a track packed down and they'd be fine. After a first few failed attempts, I finally showed them how it was done. (I don't know it might have had something to do with the fact that I weight A LOT more than them too!) So I went down a few times and got a nice little run all packed down for them.

1 comment:
Look how fantastically prepared you are with your helmets!
Post a Comment