1.07.2010

Goals

Found this little JEWEL the other night as I was going through some old files on the computer.

Our Family Goals 2004



I. Financial goals:

a. Cut back spending

i. Stick to the budget

ii. Reconcile budget each month

iii. pay bills together

iv. Limit cash spending.

II. Spiritual goals:

a. Have FHE every Sunday

i. Structure planned out in advance

b. Daily Scripture study

i. Shawn = breakfast time

ii. Rhoda = nap time.

c. Temple attendance

i. Plan a specific day in advance

ii. Arrange for a babysitter

III. Physical goals:

a. Eat Right

i. Don’t buy junk food

ii. Plan meals and eat them

b. Exercise

i. Rhoda = Ask Verlene to set up some time to help out with a routine.

1. Walk in spring, summer and fall with kids in stroller.

ii. Shawn = Park the car far from the building and walk with buttock’s clenched. Walk with speed, style and purpose.

iii. Do a family outing that involves hiking, walking, swimming etc.




So, did you see it??? Totally busted up laughing, I couldn't talk for like 10 minutes after reading that! I would never in a million years write something like that! You know what Shawn said when I finally was able to read him Goal 3 b ii? He said that he doesn't remember ever accomplishing that goal!!! What a Comedian! So the sad thing is, here it is 6 years later and these goals are still on our list...how depressing! (well except for FHE, finally got that up and running pretty good when Shawn was finally out of school and switched to a day job!) When I mentioned how depressing it was that we are still struggling with these 3 things, he said, "yeah, that's why I think it's a waste of time writing down goals...sure make them, just don't write them down! That way you can't look back in 6 years and get all depressed!" Well, he does have a point! ...And we haven't written any goals down since?

How about you? Do you write down your goals?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!

Steph H said...

I'm going to start walking around with my buttocks clenched...

The Cardin's said...

I'm glad you stopped by my blog too. :-) It's good to see you. I don't write my goals down for the same reason - its too depressing to see what I haven't accomplished! lol Have a great New Year - and good luck on the 'unwritten goals.'

Milk Maid to Milk Cow said...

I have no words.... cause I'm too busy laughing! I love it! That's hysterical!