11.11.2009
Where's Waldo...I mean Rusty!
Unfortunately for me my kids seem to grow out of their naps when they are two years old. TWO..can you think of anything more depressing? Well Rusty is almost two and sure enough he is starting to struggle with his afternoon nap. In fact he has gone about a handful of times without one and has been fine, in fact he sleeps through the night much better on those days. Even though I know it's inevitable..I keep trying.
On Sunday I heard Rusty talking and kicking the wall, all the signs that.... 1.he's not sleeping and 2. he's probably not in bed. He has been getting up and the climbing into his crib lately so I figured I'd wait for a few minutes and then go put him back into his bed. I heard him talking and giggling to himself as I walked up the stairs to his room. I open the door, look in the crib--no Rusty. His toddler bed--no Rusty. His closet, under the crib, under the toddler bed, behind the door--no Rusty. I can hear him giggling....WHERE IS HE?
What a silly kid I have!
When I found him I said "stay there, I'm going to get the camera and take a picture." The only difference in his position when I got back was the huge cheesy grin. Who'd a thought we'd get another kid who loves the spot light!? ☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey, it is in the family... the Genes... lol!
My kids are the same way! I have a friend whose daughter is 3 and is still napping. I'm completely jealous of her. And just like you I try and try to keep them in their rooms to nap, once they're done, it's over. (oh the disasters they can make in an hour) And then mom is sad. But in the end, I'd rather put them to bed at 7 then have them have a late nap and not go to bed until 10. I guess that's the trade off!
Post a Comment