So this is the project that we did for Emily's birthday...I can't remember where I found it online or I would put in a link. It's just rolled up construction paper. Josh decided to make it more difficult by turning it into a jack-o-lantern. It's cute though!
It took forever to make enough orange paper rolls and then gluing them together was quite interesting. But they turned out cute enough.
A few days ago Wesley was bored out of his mind. The older kids were at school and Rusty was down for a nap so I decided to let him do a craft. This one...although not totally original, I came up with on my own. He needs practice with scissors so I told him to start cutting up a bunch of paper. Then I traced a pumpkin and moon and we started to glue the pieces inside the outline. Mom of course helped so there wasn't any blue background showing, but it was a fairly easy project for a 4 year old!.JPG)
This is one of the two ways I will EAT pumpkin....these cookies and a pumpkin cake that my Aunt Debbie makes...gotta get that recipe! What? Pumpkin PIE?...NASTY!
This is just a spice cake mix with a small can of pumpkin and a bag of chocolate chips. I also have a secret ingredient...but I don't know if it's around anymore. Last year around this time I found some cinnamon chips (I bought about 5 bags...or I had my sister buy them I think...So Verlene do I owe you some $$?) I add about a 1/2 a bag of those too. Then the icing is also a new addition. Last year my cute neighbor brought over some of these cookies and she had drizzled icing on it...how cute is that!?! So I had to steal her idea and do it this year.
Although her drizzle looked more real and random. (yeah I never said I was a great homemaker..see how easy the recipe is?) Well this is the extent of my cookie making skills....if you want some good cookies I'll have to have Shawn (Oh and/or his mom) make some for ya! Speaking of making cookies. I've heard of this fun Christmas cookie swap party...sounds like it would be a TON of fun...everyone brings about 4 dzn cookies (or more) and then we divvy them up and everyone gets to have some of all the cookies...of course recipes are included! This would certainly be one of those time where...the more the merrier! Especially for families like mine who are homemade cookie deprived! Sound fun? Wanna come to one? Let me know if you're interested and I'll see about hosting one!

4 comments:
Would love to do a cookie exchange :) although you know my baking skills lol....Cookies look great....Crafts look great! Thanx for sharing...just might have to steal some ideas! :)
So cute!! And I loved the post about Mily, haha - adorable :)
That would be fun! (and I have some of those cinnamon chips in my freezer- I'll have to try out your recipe!)
Hey, I brought them over to you cuz you let us borrow the ingredients! Glad you liked them so much. Cute.
Post a Comment