10.10.2009

Wee Witches Weekend

I love traditions, I love doing them every year and I love making up new ones. One of our fairly new traditions is going to Gardner Village during the Halloween season, they always have such cute displays! More recently we have learned about Wee Witches Weekend that is held there during the UEA weekend (what is UEA? I don't remember this growing up, is it because I was in Idaho?) The kids love dressing up and fighting the crowds, the more the merrier. This is our second year doing the wee witch weekend. I love seeing all the creative costumes (there are some amazing super mom's out there...saw Cindy Lou Who from the movie - - looked just like her!) and my kids love any opportunity they can get to dress up. This year they got new Halloween shirts (last year after Halloween they were on sale for $2 each!) so we thought it would be a great first opprotunity to wear them. We also decided that instead of paying for face painting this year mom would try to do it at home. I think I did pretty good for being artistically challenged! I even had someone stop us, point to my kids and ask where the face painting booth was...my SIL told her it was at my house! ☻ That was nice!I had to include this next picture so you could tell that it was a bat on Wesley's face. Also love Rusty's Binki...found it last year at SMITH'S of all places, but haven't seen them since. Best investment...ton's of compliments about it! Although it got weird looks during June!This is a picture of my nephew BC making a basket in the bean bag toss. ( 50¢-to throw in 5 bean bags.....total deal!)They have a scavenger hunt to find 15 of their witched....this is certainly a favorite. It only gets complicated when you have 5 kids who don't read or write very well! If you take the time to count...we are toting around 10 kids (5:1) it was crazy fun, we just would periodically count them off to make sure we had them all. When we would come up short it was a little more complicated trying to figure out which one was the one missing! My SiL and I were laughing at the fact that as long as there were the right number of kids around us we could be walking off with the wrongs kids! ☻Our host witch was a riot. She would walk around holding this big bone and talking into like it was a microphone, she would ask a question and expect you to reply using her bone! She saw my niece and her friend out dancing to the music and ran over and joined them!!! She played her part very well and it looked like a fun job to have. I think my other SiL should totally sign up to do that next year, not because she makes a good witch (can't believe you thought that!), she just knows how to be spunky like that! This year they actually charged $5 for parking. I was pretty disappointed because it usually is free, but we figured it was still a pretty good deal. When we got there, a ton of cars were parking on the side of the road and walking in. I don't mind paying, hopefully that means they'll be able to do it next year. Besides I got a great parking spot, since everyone else was blocking a half mile away!

So if you've never taken your wee little ones to this, you should totally do it next year!

4 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Since Halloween is amazing already, it's good to know that there are extra things to make it even better!

Michelle said...

That looks like a lot of fun Rhoda! You guys have some of the neatest traditions. :)

BTW, you guessed correctly on my trivia. You won! :D

Kelly Jean said...

Fun!!! I've always wanted to go to that! Maybe this year's the year.

Cristy said...

This sounds like a lot of fun! Where was it and when??? I dunno what UEA is either... maybe like inservice???