Now that the season is over I guess I could get around to posting some pictures!
This was Wesley's first time being on his own team...without any of his siblings to help him out. He did great! He was a little shy so he was at the back of the pack most of the time.
Because you know that's how kids this age play soccer....in packs! It was great fun watching the clump of little kids run around the field. Every once in a while the ball would get kicked straight to Wes which would give him the opportunity to kick the ball! Which would result in an immediate thumbs up towards mom and dad and then during his break he would be stoked that he was able to kick the ball!
Wes enjoyed his off field time just as much. Wesley's coach was great! He really was trying to teach four year old kids strategy and the right way to kick the ball...which equals a ton of effort, with little results, but I know most parents including us were very grateful for all his efforts.
The coach also works as a graphic designer at USANA (no, I didn't know him, he was hired a few months after I quite, but my sister does know him.) He decided he would do the team pictures himself...making them less expensive and WAY cute! Go BLACK HAWKS!
This was Mily's 2nd time on a soccer team and was significantly better than the first time she played, she was still no where near the best player on the team, really I don't every expect that of any of my kids, but she (they) did the best she could...when she was actually focused on the game!
Her coach was really awesome too. He was very organized and also felt it was important to teach strategy although at this age...it was still "PACK" soccer!
She was very proud of herself and enjoyed her time playing soccer. She also enjoyed the fact that her team color was yellow...don't get me wrong, it wasn't pink so it wasn't perfect, but it was still a 'pretty' color! The Yellow Bee's
I have to give some credit to Josh and Rusty, it was pretty tough not being in the spotlight and having to just sit there and watch boring games in freezing cold weather...but they did a fairly good job of it!

No comments:
Post a Comment