10.01.2009

Mystery solved...sort of!

Verdict is in: Joshua is allergic to EVERYTHING! ☺ Just kidding--well almost! Today he got tested for watermelon, tree, pollen, grass and more types of weeds and...da...da...da...DA--he is allergic to it ALL! Yes, even watermelon...craziness--he has had and LOVES watermelon most of his life. Although out of the allergies tested today grass had the highest reaction where tree and watermelon had the smallest. So as far as the anaphylactic reaction two weeks ago...Dr. Jan describes it as the PERFECT STORM. Having possible peanut trace on his hands, being mildly allergic to melons, the watermelon being on the grass and then running around outside with pollen, trees and weeds in the air, rubbing it into his eyes...not to mention the athlete's asthma that he has, all must have contributed in bringing the poor kid down. Although the doctor said that we can't really be 100% certain about it.

So just for a final re-cap of Joshua's allergies...he is allergic to:
Peanuts
Tree-nuts
Melon's (for now we need to avoid all of them!)
Pet dander
Weeds
Trees
Pollen
and Grass

So please, if you see him running around outside and he starts to get red in the face or starts coughing, he needs to stop, calm down and be watched for further signs of an anaphylactic reaction. Darn it anyway -- but I need everyone to be on the lookout for me so we can keep him alive! ☻

More fun for us!

Thanks everyone!
& Josh

4 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

How about air? Is he allergic to that too?

I recommend a plastic bubble...

;)

Rich said...

Well at lest you have an idea of what caused the reaction and can "somewhat" avoid them. I predict your landscaping is going in the direction of no grass I'm sure Shawn will not miss mowing it(I wouldn't) :-).

Unknown said...

Poor kid. No more PB&J and melon picnics on the grass.

Cristy said...

Yikes I am sorry, that is so awful! At least you know I guess huh??