After church we opened just a few more presents before Rusty went down for his nap. Toe Sox...perfect!
While we waited for Rusty to wake up from his nap...Mily asked us to please color her hair with the spray color her daddy bought her the day before (that's what happens when dad is allowed to go shopping alone with his princess!). We also came up with a cute little craft to fill the time. I quickly found on line and decided it looked easy, it wasn't...but that's another post. Once Rusty was awake we headed straight for the presents...and yes, she is holding a package of undies!
Finally the cake! I have no idea why Joshie's pretending to be asleep. He is kind of strange. Daddy decorated the simple birthday cake that mom made. We are totally not into cake decorating...but if we want it to look decent...dad does it! See all the pink and purple decorations in the background. We used the left over decorations that was used for her very first birthday...thought I'd finally use them!
And that was it, we finished the night by watching some of her DVD's and getting ready for school the next day.
10.27.2009
Birthday girl
She started off the week prior to her birthday by being the VIP in her class. We had fun going through old pictures and coming up with a design for the poster board. No big surprise there...she wanted to be called PRINCESS! Oh you should have heard her during the presentation, all the adults were trying not to just bust up laughing...one of the the teachers aides came up and told me I needed to put her into acting. Crabbs--acting...who would have thought!?
We also discovered that her hair is long enough to be flipped the other way. She thought it was SO DARLING...she asked me to take a picture.
...and then another while she posed this way and that!
We put some treats together for her to take to class. She just loves being the center of attention!
Mily's actual birthday was on a Sunday. We let her open one present before church and wouldn't you know it....it happened to be a new Scripture case and a crossword she could take to church! She also requested that for her birthday I not do her hair with the "curly-burny," so I had to do pig tails. Not my favorite, but it does go faster.
So I have to tell a quick story. Back during General Conference earlier this month, Emily somehow got the idea that she wanted to invite Thomas S. Monson to her birthday, she even wrote him a letter. I told her that I wasn't going to send it and explained that the prophet is really busy...especially on Sunday's just like daddy was when he was in the bishopric. She said she understood but a few hours later she had composed a letter to herself...from the prophet saying he could come! Again I told her that it wasn't going to happen and that maybe we could come up with something else instead. Although I TOTALLY forgot until her birthday and we were sitting down for stake conference in the gym. Mily looked up to see who was speaking next and she exclaimed, "THOMAS S. MONSON! I knew he would come to my birthday!" Whew it's a good thing her Heavenly Father loves her! It's pretty neat her wish came true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Mily
Super cute!! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment