The first annual McCrab-cation at BEAR LAKE!
It's fun that my kids and their cousins are on the same track (year-round school!) So we decided to do some off-track fun! Here was our last gasp of summer-fun!
Just to warn you this post has a picture OVERLOAD!
.JPG)
Two families and an entire campground to ourselves...well almost, there was one other family way over on the other side. I don't know why more people don't go camping at the end of September up in the mountains??? It was great, we only FROZE at night! ☼ Got sunburns during the day☼ The lake was gorgeous!
.JPG)
I guess the water is even warmer during the summer, but it wasn't bad at all...they had a great time!
.JPG)
We had BBQ hot dogs on the beach...oh and did I mention we had the beach to ourselves?!
.JPG)
We had 5 days of just playing every game we could come up with! For example...I taught the kids how to play Chinese Jump Rope. Do you remember that game? It was a huge hit, they really enjoyed it.
.JPG)
Our days were full of biking, baseball
.JPG)
football, soccer, little kids running around with big sticks fighting invisible bad guys!
.JPG)
volley ball, doge ball, keep away...
.JPG)
swinging, sliding, hanging, climbing and....
.JPG)
Scheming. And of course let's not forget....
.JPG)
Relaxing!
.JPG)
The girls learned how to rope braid...one side looked a little better, but I didn't mind.
.JPG)
We even pulled out the craft box and let the kids come up with something to create. You can see the dads totally wanted to do something...but they kept saying they were happy watching! I was pretty impressed with the kids and their 'Krafts'...totally unique. We had puppets sticks, puppet sacks, we had a raft made out of Popsicle sticks....
.JPG)
a squashed can...turned into an elephant and
.JPG)
an entire fleet of superhero's
.JPG)
Probably the funnest part of every day ☼ was the night! Of course we had smores a few times, but we also had orange cake (oranges filled with cake batter and thrown in the dutch oven...let me know if you want more info!) and a few other yummy desserts.
.JPG)
What was even more fun that that was the stories around the campfire, the songs and the night games.
This song became a huge hit! Joshie learned it at school this year and taught us all..its was HILARIOUS (the first few times!☻)
Then of course at the end of the night we would freeze! Well those of us who were in the tent would freeze!
.JPG)
I think it was quite ironic how the kids who usually slept in the tent wanted to sleep in the trailer and the kids from the trailer wanted to sleep in the tent...even though it was freezing!
Hopefully this becomes a tradition every year. We had a great time...thanks guys!

2 comments:
Hahaha! That song is hilarious! BC's dance was by far the best. LOL! Oh the joys of camping with the McAlister's. :)
I am speechless...however, it looks like it was an absolute blast.
Post a Comment