I was hoping my husband would write up a post about this but cause he hasn't I am going to steal the story and write it myself!
So my daughter had gotten new snow pants, gloves and boots for Christmas, sad part was that we didn't have snow. Crazy-dry-winter, I was starting to wonder if she was ever get a chance to use her new gear this season.
Saturday morning comes around, I glanced at facebook and saw a post from a friend who had made it a personal quest to not put down Christmas decorations until there was white stuff on the ground. He was talking about his Christmas tree lights being plugged in, the Christmas music turned on and it finally feeling like Christmas even thought it was a few weeks late. I was really confused because I didn't think there was a forecast for even a slight possibility of snow. Usually I'm pretty good about knowing these things. So after reading that post I asked Mily who was standing next to the window, to open the blinds and sure enough...white stuff all over the ground!
Emily was so excited to try on her new gear, she got all dressed up and headed outside. This girl loves the snow, she's always been way more tolerant of cold things that her mom and her brothers for that matter...she is a lot like her daddy. She wasn't just playing in the snow she was swimming in it, I don't know if a picture could have done it justice...although you won't ever know because I was too dang cold to go outside and take one! She was in heaven. She came in for a few minutes to find the snow ball mold/maker thing that we got from grandma and headed back outside to try it out! Totally works by the way, makes great looking snow balls!
In fact this is the story I wanted Shawn to write: Looking out the window Shawn saw Mily just laying in the snow, as if she were ready to make a snow angel but she wasn't moving an inch...just laying there, relaxing for a while. Then she slowly picks up her right hand which happens to have a perfectly formed snowball in it and brings it up to her mouth, takes a bite out of it like it was an apple and goes back to the original position, chewing on her ice apple! Can you just picture that? What a crazy child!
![]() |
| My memories software (AWESOME!) |
After I got out of the shower I looked outside Rusty's window upstairs and I saw Emily laying on her side in the middle of the snow, not moving. So I go down stairs and open the back door...still not moving! I yell over to Mily to please not lay in the snow for so long...no reaction, so I say it a little louder, "Mily, don't just lay there in the snow!" To which she slowly rolls over blinking her eyes and struggles to stand up...DID YOU FALL ASLEEP OUT THERE? She responds, "I don't know, maybe?" Weird, weird child! ☺☺
But then it was the little boys who wanted to go out (of course they can't all go out at the same time). A few minutes later Wesley came in and asked if I would take a picture of the snow man that he built all by himself. {Sigh} yes, even though it's cold-I did it, I took two picture as fast as I could and ran back in!
Then a few more minutes went by and Wesley requested another picture with his snowman...this time the snowman was wearing all of Wesley's winter gear....I told you it was cold out there, even the snowman thought so!
Wes came in a few minutes later, it was getting too cold! (well duh, you let the snowman borrow your hat, scarf and gloves!!)
We are so happy to get even a little bit of snow this year...I think it's really funny. We took down the Christmas decorations including the gum drops (milk cartons) and realized that we didn't have to shovel the driveway NOT ONCE, while they were up!!! We could have lined them up against the driveway and sidewalk like I like them and it would have been fine! oh well. That's life.
Hopefully more snow is coming soon! We need to go sledding!


No comments:
Post a Comment