1.23.2012

The Crazy life...

Post-holiday clean-up
1st Sunday combined Young Women lesson,
2nd Sunday Mia Maid lesson,
January personal progress basket items,
Young Women Birthday gift/tags, 
Young Women/Young Men combined activity,
Mia Maid Activities,
Stake Young Women Young Men Activities, 
BYC,
Young Women Planning Meeting-my house,
Leadership lesson, 
Stake Women's Basketball sign up sheets (4 wards),
Stake Women's Basketball open gym night,
Stake Women's Basketball games,
Basketball games host night(s) need to find officials,
Basketball rosters = Bishop(s) signatures,
broken wire=unscheduled Orthodontist appointment,
and a 4 year olds first friend Toy Story Birthday party! 

This is just a few things that I was/am completely in charge of this past/coming month.  This list does not include the regular every day, mommy read me a book, wipe my bummy, or making homemade valentines for 3 classes (80 valentines!!! why did I start that tradition?)  Nor does it include the the regular chores of paying bills, making lunch and dinner for my family, homework {blasted homework} or the dreaded laundry. (thanks Shawn for folding most of the loads).  Not to mention the random shopping, errands, appointments, dropping off kids to birthday parties, play dates, firesides, activity days, cub scouts, pack meetings, sewing on patches (congrats to Josh on his Bear and arrow points!), piano lessons, scheduling dentist appointments, another birthday in a few weeks and trading Shawn off and on for the van...we only have one vehicle.

To make a long story short...too late.  My life is really busy/crazy right now.  I know a half dozen people who could do this and more and not even be phased with it, but the truth of it is, I am not use to it.  I don't know how to manage my time as well as others and I feel things are slipping through the cracks.  So before things get out of control I'm going to let a few things slip on purpose in hopes that the more important things on my plate like my family, don't start to slide. 

You know where I'm going with this don't ya?...this blog.  I already get really behind as it is and now I'm thinking it's just going to get worse...once I get through this next month, I'll have a skosh more time and I might think about blogging more often.  Either that or when the magical organizational fairy comes down and grants me super organizing powers....or brings me an iPad or something, this blog will just have to take a back seat! 

Let me be perfectly clear....I'm not quitting, I'll still be here but not as consistent or often.

Looking on the bright side of things...if I make it out of these next few months/callings alive, I'm going to have mastered some amazing time organizational skills...maybe I will teach a class with all my spare time!  Looking forward to it....time that is!



Anyone who has any great ideas for YW lessons, activities, combined YW/YM activities, youth conference, girls camp, or how to find people who know how to referee or score keep a basketball game....please let me know!

1 comment:

Heather said...

:( I'm so sad to see you go. But I understand! I wish I was there to help in any way I could, but I will be in March! :) Keep a project for me to help you with, I would love to help!