
Here is Josh waiting for the bus that never came...or I guess it did like a minute before we got out to the bus stop. Last year I watched for the bus and noticed that it always came between 8:20 and 8:30 and usually closer to the latter. So I made sure that we were out there a few minutes before 8:20 and it wasn't until 8:36 that I decided that we must have missed it. I was pretty ticked off since we were never told any bus information anyway--even though I went into the office three times and specifically asked about it once. (I was told that info would be mailed to us) So I had to put my contacts in, find my purse and my keys, get the kids in the car and we hurried off to get Joshie to school on time. We got there and the door that they had told Josh to line up at...was blocked off completely with a construction fence...I was FURIOUS. So I ended up marching him into the school with tears streaming down my face...of course once they saw me they were incredibly nice and helpful. I had Shawn call and talk to them (since he won't scream or yell (or cry)and also because his mom works in an Elem school office and she really hates dealing with parents like me!) so they mentioned that they never sent out the new school packets to those of us who were new to the school...well at least they knew that they didn't give us the information we needed. He also found out that the bus is scheduled to come at 8:18 which really shocked me because we should have at least seen it driving away, since there is a stop right after ours that is visible from our living room window...which Josh was standing at before i took him out there. I was also really disappointed to hear how much higher the cost for school lunch is here in this district...crazy! Now that the horrible morning has past, I have decided it was a good thing...I got to actually meet Josh's teacher and first of all she's very cute, and second she seemed to handle the class really well, and not that this matters all too much but--how do I put it...she isn't a grandma! I'm really excited to see how well she does with Joshua.

So Josh got home from school and said he had a great first day. He also said that he didn't get in trouble and he was the only one who listened to one of his teachers instructions. He loved the bus ride home...although I noticed that they had told me his bus# was 1402 and the bus actually says 1421??? Whatever. So anyway below is the picture of this morning when we were out at the bus stop at 8:10 (I wasn't going to let him miss it today) ...

and the bus came at promptly 8:21!!!! Interesting! And Josh was the only one at the bus stop...I guess everyone else is on D track?

So off my son goes to his second day of second grade...we'll see how much I end up liking this school, so far they've got several strikes against them.
Now we look forward to the first day of Kindergarten next week! Hopefully that goes a little more smoothly. We've already been told that Emily had AM class so I've scheduled some doctors appointments around it...then about a month later I got a letter in the mail telling us when her testing day and time was for her PM class. Apparently they had to cut a class so they cut the AM class, without telling anyone....so nice. See why I'm not to excited about this school yet?
5 comments:
Pretty sure that I would be ticked! Are you in the Jordan School District? All of this is typical for them if it is. Hopefully it will get better. Looks like you guys had a fun vacation!
Looks like you won't be able to trust anything they say anymore! How frustrating! I know with us down here, the bus may have a "schedule" but sometimes it all depends on what time the driver wakes up. Then you sit around for 20 minutes wondering what happened! Good Luck, change is never easy!
Are you kidding me?? I'd be pretty upset too. Grrr! Wow, I'm upset just reading your post. Yet another reason I don't like public school. I'm sorry it was such a rough first day. I'm glad Josh had a good time though. Hopefully you won't have any more craziness!
Wow! That is all soo crazy! I see what you mean when you said you have to learn to read others minds to be in that school. Hopefully, it gets better fast or at least not any worse. I can't imagine how frusturating that must be. Some Day I am sure I will get a taste of it all though. Glad Josh enjoyed his class and he seems to have a nice teacher.
That stinks! Aiden still has a few years before school, but I have been a little wary about the whole year round thing. Sounds like the bus schedule can be a bit daunting. Good luck!
Post a Comment