7.05.2009

Crabb Vs Pig

I'm happy to report that we may all have the swine flu....but we're having a great time with it!

I've had a wonderful four days at home with my family, with nothing to do , no where to go and really nothing worse than a fever and a headache. A few of us have had some cold like symptoms, others has had a little upset stomach but mostly it's been a very mild case of the flu. Except for Wesley that is....he had it the worst, but only for ONE day! It seems kind of silly for us to be locked away from everyone, but I understand that it is important to get this strand of illness to end.

Shawn and I have spent a few days getting some pictures hung around the house...that's right we have pictures on our walls. It's nice, this house is finally starting to look and feel like our home.

Yesterday we have a few visitors drop off some stuff...my sister dropped off some fireworks and some craft-type stuff and Grandma and Jennie came by with some glow in the dark bracelets and the ingredients for smores....REAL smores. Graham cracker, chocolate and marshmallows. I must admit I've never had them that way. I've always used the shortbread striped chocolate cookies and add a marshmallow between it. It was great to show my kids the real stuff. We huddled around the BBQ and toasted some marshmallows and waited for the night to fall.

Today we held primary in our living room and we had a very fun time. It was great...we started a lot later than we would have for church and we didn't have to get dressed up. Although there was a lot of work for me and Shawn and I think we'll let their very capable primary teachers take over next Sunday. After lunch we did one of Verlene's crafts that she had bought called shrinky dinks..ever heard of them. Well I had heard of them, but that's about it. I'm tell you, those things are FUN. Go find some and do them with your kids...hours of fun!

So now what are we going to do tomorrow? Dunno...we are starting to run out of laundry soap, milk and diapers so I'm thinking we'll have to cut our forced vacation short, but I promise we'll be careful if we venture out!

So far in the fight of Crabbs vs pigs...Crabb's are in the lead...Go crabb's GO!

2 comments:

Cristy said...

So glad you are taking this all in stride. I bet it is nice to be all together that long though. Sounds like you are making alot of fun memories and such.

Steph H said...

Wow, you all have swine flu? That's crazy! But it's nice to have "sick" days where you don't feel too sick. It's fun to be home sometimes and just hang out. I'm impressed that you had your own primary-- you guys are such great parents. Also how fun that you did shrinky dinks! Tiffany used to bring them over when she'd babysit us, but that's the only time I've ever heard of them. Maybe its a Crabb thing.