9.05.2008

Happy 1/2 Birt-

Some of you know that at our house we celebrate our half birthday's. My kids get a kick out of reaching their half mark and earning the right to say 6 and a HALF! I will usually make a dessert of some kind or do something special and different that day. If they get a present its not wrapped and everyone will get to share and enjoy it. So it's not that big of a deal...but it is! So yesterday afternoon I get this e-mail from Shawn that says Happy 1/2 Birt. Wow it totally escaped my mind that it was my half birthday. How sweet, he remembered! So I emailed him back and thanked him. But little did I know that wasn't the end of it. When he came home from work he was holding a HALF Orange Cream cake (YUM) and a HALF dozen Donuts and a dozen roses (he was only going to buy 6, but they are cheaper by the dozen, and I'm all about being cheap! *wink). Points to Shawn!! He also informed me that we were going out to eat as well. So we drove over to IHOP and I told my kids that we needed to hop up to the door, so right on cue my kids and I start hopping! I love that they will play along with me, Shawn said he would have joined us, but he was worried about giving Rusty shaken baby syndrome! Then later that evening we went and bought a used double jogging stroller for a dang good price, we came home and took a walk around the block to try it out. Of course Shawn was the one actually trying it out since he is the one that runs. Speaking of running Shawn and Verlene and running in the 9-11 Wheeler Farm 5K race tomorrow. The kids and I will be walking it with the stroller. Which is the whole reason we got this stroller, apparently the race is on a dirt road and the stroller we borrowed from my SIL works great on pavement if you don't have to make any turns! lol, Ü. So Verlene found some ad's in the paper and Voila...I get a present for my half birthday (that we paid less than half the price for)! Anyway what a fun day and what a fun surprise! See how fun!? Don't you want to celebrate the halves now too?


3 comments:

Steph H said...

That's so great! I love that Shawn celebrated and made it special for you. Birthdays (even half-birthdays) are so fun and deserve to be made big deals. Awesome deal on the stroller! We're looking for a free/cheap treadmill if Verlene wants to work her finding magic on us. Happy half birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I DO want to celebrate the halves now!!

Kelly Jean said...

What a fun idea!!! I definitely want to take up that tradition when I have a family :)