For the past two weeks Rusty (who turned 8 months old today!) has decided it's time to start pulling himself up to the furniture. He LOVES climing. We sat on the very front row in the chapel today (my kids picked the seat!), I put Rusty down to crawl on the floor and he went strait for the stairs. He had gone up one step and almost the second by the time I went and got him. If he wasn't over by the stairs then he was harrasing one of the elderly ladies in our ward. She has a walker and he crawled over there and was pulling it away from here. I saw her grab on to it as he approched but when he got there and started pulling it I watched as she had to struggle a little to keep it by her. I went over to pick up Rusty and looked up at Barbara and said "no fighting in church!" Which made her giggled a bit. She told my husband afterward..."he's STRONG!" Rusty's favorite place to climb is the wooden chair we have in front of the piano. (my siblings will remember how sharp the edges are on that kind of
piano!) Unforunately it's not the most sturdy so there has been a few times where he basically pushes it over....and Rusty comes tumbling after. Thankfully he hasn't gotten hurt too bad...yet. And if you notice he is also on his tippy-toes. I don't know if he realizes how to use his whole foot yet. Is he suppose to be doing things like this yet? At his age my other kids were starting to roll over and crawl. What a crazy kid!
Rusty was also wearing a 2T white button up shirt to church today!! SLOW DOWN kid, your suppose to be my BABY.
Speaking of crazy kids, here is the other one I have. At least he didn't put it on the carpet or wall this time! Oh Wes-Mess.

2 comments:
Awww, fun little milestones. :) I totally cracked up at Rusty pulling the walker away, too funny!
For some reason the baby of the family always grows up faster than us mommies are ready for.
Post a Comment