We have a tradition that started only a few years after Shawn and I got married.

First of all I need to tell you how it started: Shawn always thinks that I decorate for holidays too early and I think it just stretches the season longer and makes it more fun for the kids. (he also complains about my Christmas music in September!) So we came up with a compromise: I can't decorate for Halloween until after our anniversary (8 years!), so the day after...it goes up. Then the day after Halloween, Thanksgiving decorations goes up and depending on what we have planned for Thanksgiving, Christmas goes up either

right after or a few days before. Sometimes the Christmas tree has to wait a little longer...I have a tiny house, (and I simply turn off the Sept/Oct. Christmas music before Shawn gets home!). So the kids and I have been counting down the days until we can put Halloween decorations up. Last night little Mily Rose looks up at me and asks, "Is tomorrow the first day of Halloween?" Shawn and I just busted up laughing! I guess it is. So today we lugged all 4 boxes of decorations into the house and Mily, Wes, Rusty and I had a blast getting out the spooky things and deciding where they should go in the house.
I just love fall, it's got great weather and great holiday seasons! Do you decorate your house for Halloween? Well happy first day of Halloween everybody!
4 comments:
Today I went outside to a brisk, chilly morning...it was glorious. Happy first day of Halloween to you too.
We love to decorate for the holidays. Last week we put up leaves and pumpkins on our walls to celebrate. We'll add more after Miss J's birthday. :)
Oh, I totally agree!!! LOVE Fall - just for the fact that all the best holidays are coming up. I don't blame you one bit for wanting to "extend" the season of each holiday :) It's such a cozy & fun time of the year!
I gotta say, I'm with Shawn on this one. I don't like jumping the gun too early with the holidays. I like enjoying september just for the crisp air and changing leaves and then in October I'm ready to maybe think about Halloween things. And then somehow the world always thinks it's ok to skip Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas, but Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! So in my house Christmas isn't even talked about until December. Good compromises!
Post a Comment