8.18.2008

Park City fun!

So Shawn walked in the house at noon on Friday, he had a work party up at the Park City ski resort so his company gave everyone a 1/2 day off. I was sitting in the kitchen feeding Rusty some lunch when he walked over and placed this big, wooden, plaque down on the table beside me and walks past to put stuff down on the counter. I look over and read "Outstanding Achievement Award presented to Shawn for an outstanding job performance and for contributing to a positive work environment, 2008." So I said, "wow, that's neat, what did you do to earn that." to which his reply was something like, "I don't know" so I ask another question and another question..."so did someone just come put this on your desk and whisper, hey look what you got!?"... His reply, "well not exactly, the whole company was there." So I finally get to the point where I looked at him and said that this sounds like it's a big deal, to which he tells me..."yeah they only give it out twice a year, and look it comes with this cool bonu$!" Too humble to even gloat in front of his wife! So later at the work party I was telling one of his co-workers how Shawn told me about his award and she looked at me like I was crazy and said "big deal??? This is HUGE!" Well needless to say I'm very proud of my husband, if I'd known there was a big, neat award that was given to excellent employees then I would have seen this coming, but since I didn't it was a fun surprise for us all!

So the company ended up footing the bill which made for a very fun-filled night on the mountain. My brave, little Mily was the first one to volunteer to ride the scary tram to the top of the mountain and ride down the Alpine slide. Of course she LOVED ♥ it! With Josh we had a harder time convincing him to think about trying it, but once we did he was in love. Turns out he was an inch too short to do it on his own, although they decided to give him a break and let him try. So they sat him in a sleigh at the base of the mountain to make sure he could reach and had him practice pushing and pulling on the lever. They decided he could do it and off we went up the mountain. I was going for my first time with Wesley so I was a little nervous myself as well as hoping that Josh could really do this and not go flying off a cliff somewhere. So we get to the slide and Wesley and I sat next to Josh side by side on parallel tracks. We were given the go ahead and Josh leaned forward making himself completely arrow-dynamic and pushed the lever all the way forward, and no kidding, he was gone. Wesley and I were a bit more timid coming down but we didn't see any sign of Josh the whole way down. We got to the bottom and Josh was already there with his sleigh off the trek just grinning from ear to ear...I would have never thought! Way to be brave Josh! Ü

They had lots of other amusement type rides that the kids enjoyed. Rusty got his first Merry-Go-Round ride!

Our kids have already asked when we are going back to Park City! When someone foot's the bill again. I can't imagine what it would cost to go on the Alpine slide 3-4 times each or any of the other activities we did. So a big THANK-YOU to Shawn's work. And since Shawn won't tell you about his award himself, this is probably your only chance to tell him congrats! So remember to leave a comment.

3 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Congrats! I would probably have gloated at least a little bit...

WRYUN said...

Way to go!! I would've posted a banner on my car for the way home and then put it on the front of my house!!

Michelle said...

WTG Shawn! Good for him. :D

That's nice his work paid for your fun in Park City. Now that's my kind of vacation. :D