8.17.2008

Now this is camping!

So we've confused our kids pretty good, well at least little Wes. We got up to Redman campground last Tuesday and set up the tent, went for a little hike, started fixing dinner and Wesley comes up to me and asks "when are we going to go camping?"....Surprise, we ARE camping..."No mom, I mean CAMPING!!!" (he points to the fire pit!) GOTCHA...it's not camping unless there's a camp fire. Didn't know that. The other confusion is (and it's a toss up whether this is a bad thing or not), we've never had a family camping trip last more that 24 hours. The kids don't know any better! Maybe when Rusty can walk we'll try for a 48 hour camping trip.

For Christmas, Shawn's boss gave him a rotating marshmallow roaster (techno geeks!) and here's the kicker...he used it. There he is crouched by the fire roasting his perfect marshmallows, I hear him say...this is so cool! What a nerd! Although I do have to admit he shared, and it was pretty darn good.

We had a couple of "next door campers" that came and played some night games with the kids, great fun. I hope it's okay I post their picture! Ü

The next morning we went on a hike to go find the 'baby waterfall' that we had found the year before. Amazingly enough it was as if we walked right to it, and for the record I knew where it was the whole time even though I didn't know where I was! ☺ Since this is the only place we go camping the 'baby waterfall' is sure to become a tradition.

Also Kudos to Shawn for the pictures of the kids, I love the colors! But when we handed the camera over to our son to get a picture of us in the same place...the whole background seemed to change.

And the sad part about it was that it didn't dawn on me until I saw the picture...oh yeah, a different angle.

Well that's our annual camping trip, see you next year Redman!

No comments: