Because we have yet another week of fun things planned, (you know there is only 14 more days of summer vacation left) but first we need to get the lawn mowed. So I decided that I would do that this morning. I strapped Rusty in his front pack and I had Joshie help get the lawn mower. We got it started and I went to take the mower from Josh but he held up his hand and said, “I got this mom!” and took off mowing the front lawn. He must get that from his dad! I had to stay close and help him learn some tricks but for the most part he did more than half of the lawn by himself. it's not a fantastic looking job, but I don't care...I was pretty darn proud of him. I told him to take a break and get me the camera and come back out. Of course when I was done taking pictures I told him to go put the camera away, I'd finish the lawn...what was I thinking. Yeah right the kids are going to put a camera down when they could take 86 pictures instead! What crazy kids I have!
8.11.2008
It's about time!!!
...that the kids started pulling their own weight around here! (Just kidding of course.)
Because we have yet another week of fun things planned, (you know there is only 14 more days of summer vacation left) but first we need to get the lawn mowed. So I decided that I would do that this morning. I strapped Rusty in his front pack and I had Joshie help get the lawn mower. We got it started and I went to take the mower from Josh but he held up his hand and said, “I got this mom!” and took off mowing the front lawn. He must get that from his dad! I had to stay close and help him learn some tricks but for the most part he did more than half of the lawn by himself. it's not a fantastic looking job, but I don't care...I was pretty darn proud of him. I told him to take a break and get me the camera and come back out. Of course when I was done taking pictures I told him to go put the camera away, I'd finish the lawn...what was I thinking. Yeah right the kids are going to put a camera down when they could take 86 pictures instead! What crazy kids I have!





Because we have yet another week of fun things planned, (you know there is only 14 more days of summer vacation left) but first we need to get the lawn mowed. So I decided that I would do that this morning. I strapped Rusty in his front pack and I had Joshie help get the lawn mower. We got it started and I went to take the mower from Josh but he held up his hand and said, “I got this mom!” and took off mowing the front lawn. He must get that from his dad! I had to stay close and help him learn some tricks but for the most part he did more than half of the lawn by himself. it's not a fantastic looking job, but I don't care...I was pretty darn proud of him. I told him to take a break and get me the camera and come back out. Of course when I was done taking pictures I told him to go put the camera away, I'd finish the lawn...what was I thinking. Yeah right the kids are going to put a camera down when they could take 86 pictures instead! What crazy kids I have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Niiiice! Start them young while they still think mowing the lawn is fun, right?!
Wow, that's pretty impressive. My first time mowing a lawn didn't look anywhere near as nice and I was a teenager! lol WTG Josh!
Post a Comment