5.23.2011

Market Street band

So on Saturday night Shawn's band got asked to play for a benefit concert raising money for a single mom who was in a near-fatal car accident.  The band played in a parking lot adjacent to a little shack called Bob's Brainfreeze...from what I hear they have the best shaved ice/snow cones in the valley.  People travel across the valley to come here...well, at least my friend Liz does that.  She told me had the band been playing anywhere else she wouldn't have bothered, but as soon as she saw the invite to Bob's Brainfreeze on facebook they came out!  Plus she said she didn't want to pass up the opportunity to hear Shawn sing something other than church songs!  ☺  (Thank's Liz and Family!)

Anyway, It was pretty dark, and of course I didn't have my camera on me, so I took a video with my cell phone.  You can't see much of anything...but you can hear it!!!  Shawn is in the yellow shirt and my kids are the ones dancing...in their pajamas!  (it was 10:30 at night!!!)  You can kind of see my cousin who has an amazing talent on the bass guitar (you can see him better in the picture above) but I can't seem to find my Uncle Tim who started this whole thing. (darn, I might have to steal some pictures from cousins, later!) --It was fun.


Oh and my cell phone would only take like 30 second of video's before it shuts off.  So here's just a sampling of what it sounded like.  Shawn is the male lead in this song and one of our old neighbors Carley (female lead) and her dad are also in the band!  Seriously it's like a mini reunion every time we see them!

It was fun to see my MIL and SIL's show up and support Shawn, I know it means a lot to Shawn!  They were great to get out there and dance with my kids as sat back on the chair with my freezing toes....sandals, didn't think ahead very well.   And again, no pictures of them!  Natalie??

Here are the kids just before it got too dark to take pictures with my cell phone.

The band did such a great job, the range of songs they did was really great, there was something for everyone. Next time they perform I promise I'll do more than a little shout out on facebook a few hours before it starts!

2 comments:

Tiffany McAlister said...

Would have been fun...We should have come! I'd have loved to watch him "jam"! Can't they play a gig at, say, 5:00? :D

Kelly Jean said...

Ah, so much fun!! Love that live music. :) They did a great job!!