Josh has had VERY long hair for a very long time now. We've been talking about cutting it since LAST YEAR...but he wouldn't do it.
I remember thinking he looked like a rag doll on his last day of school!
07/10
A few months later, it was getting pretty silly!
09/10
So much so that we played it up for crazy hair day! He says he will never do this again ((OUCH))) although he also said he got a TON of compliments on how cool it looked!
10/10
By thanksgiving it was a joke! (okay, okay I admit, I thought it was cute at this stage!)
11/10
But by the new year, "someone get me some scissors!"
01/11
Seriously? you NEED a head band?
2/11
03/11
By May it was getting ridiculous!
5/11
He had set up some days that he would let us cut it, the first one was my birthday in march, but he changed his mind. Then he decided on the spring equinox, but it was still too cold. Then it was the 15th of April, I don't know maybe he thought we could use them for taxes! BUT, again he changed his mind. The next date he set was May first, but you guessed it...he backed out on that one too! (getting predictable I think!) He finally told us May 7th would be the day...he even wrote it in the calendar! With a day set in stone or should I say pen, we really thought it was going to happen so we even got out the camera to document how long his hair had gotten. You can't tell very well, but the ruler doesn't go all the way to his head and the hair goes well past Shawn's fingers. We figure it was about SEVEN and a HALF INCHES LONG! 3 more inches and we could have donated it! Sheesh!So I'm sure you can imagine my surprise when he got off the school bus and came running into the house and announced, I'm SO HOT!...I want to cut my hair off NOW!--on May 2nd! I happen to be on the phone with Shawn at the time who heard the whole thing and he told me to tell Josh NO! --We had set a time aside for a hair cut and today was not the day! Josh's look, after I repeated what his dad said, was priceless! After we had been begging him for almost a YEAR to cut his hair, we told him we weren't going to do it?!!!! It was awesome. But of course we were just teasing---every parents right! So after a few hours Josh still hadn't changed his mind, so we got ready to cut off his hair!
This is Josh pretending to do it himself while I got everything ready! Oh forgot to mention, the following is: photography my Mily!
Mom putting a rubber bad in his hair to save some. Josh really feels sorry for girls with long hair...who wear their hair in pony tails!
The longest chunk of his hair...it looks like it may have hurt a little! Yup, he's nervous.
Taking a break and showing off the mullet I just created! He totally wanted to keep it and I could just imagine the next year begging him to cut it, so no way, it came off real quick! But not before a picture or two! I tried to keep most of the long pieces of hair on Josh's lap so I could just scoop them up and into the garbage when I was done. Josh looked down and decided to put his hair back on his head! (love that smile!--it's real!)
Then we started playing around with the pony tail we had cut off earlier!
He wore his winter hat to school the next day to trick his friends and so he could show them all at the same time! What did his friends think? Well after a week of everyone seeing his new look, he said that all the kids hate it and all the grown-ups seem to really like it! Heheee! We'll see if he keeps it short or not? Although it looks really nice if you put some gel in it and STYLE it, not that he lets me do that, but I'm just sayin it does look nice!

2 comments:
How funny. I think he looks great! But then again, I am an adult, so I guess that's a given. I just did a post about all of Adam's bad hairstyles through the years and he totally had a mullet when he was younger (but to be fair, it was the 80's...)
And here I thought you'd adopted a new kid...
I like it.
Post a Comment