5.17.2011

Choral Festival

Well I was going to invite you all to come to the Choral Festival that Shawn was apart of this past weekend, but blogger was down the entire time!  But I guess I could still tell you about it!
See that small print at the bottom....yeah, most of our family couldn't even go to it, but we went anyway.  I was thinking that we could just sit outside the Tabernacle for an hour...hopefully hear the music coming across the breeze a few times?  But when we got there the ushers smiled at us and told us to come in and sit in the baby room!  I was pretty excited because I didn't think we would actually get to see it!  Shawn didn't know I was even going to try to come so when he got a text from me with nothing but this picture...
he was pretty excited!  The choir did a great job and they even got a standing ovation at the end!!!  

The baby room was interesting!  We didn't have sound for the first 10 minutes so I finally asked Josh to run out and find a missionary and tell him we couldn't hear anything.   And as I'm sure you can imagine...the room was quite noisy with all the kids/babies!  But you get what you get...and I was certainly happy just to be there to support my husband!  Especially since Shawn was pretty torn up by the fact that after all the extra time away from the family, including Easter and Mother's Day evening he was at least expecting to be able to show his kids why he had missed so many nights...no worries, we made it work.

So sorry you missed it...what was up with blogger being down so long?  --care--

It was a lovely evening and I loved being able to surprise Shawn.

2 comments:

Tiffany McAlister said...

That would have been nice to see! It's neat to see him be in a choir again...something I know he always loved so much! (And what a neat, supportive wife you are to tolerate the "icky" side of you spouse doing what they love!)

Steph H said...

No kidding, what was up with blogger? When it came back up it had deleted two posts I did the day before and several comments people made. Even now I have a post that I've posted but it keeps showing back up as a draft. Weird.