5.31.2011

Bike Ride

I don't know if I mentioned this but I got a new bike for Mother's Day.  Well it's new to me which means my husband got a sweet deal on it (free), he knows how to make me happy!  -Thanks Jennie! 

Anyway, I really wanted to go on a bike ride with all my kids, so I spent a all morning getting their bikes fixed up and ready.  That afternoon we got all geared up and headed out.  Well Mily, at the last minute, decided that she still not comfortable riding a two-wheeler (cause you never practice my dear!)  so she grabbed her scooter, but the rest of us jumped on our bikes and headed down the street. 

It was about this time that I realized I never really taught Rusty how to ride a bike and more importantly how to STOP!  The kids were riding down the side walk and it started to slope which means Rusty started going a little faster.  I rode right next to him and started to tell him to peddle backwards to slow down and stop his bike!  He caught on real fast, I was so proud of him! 
We made it over to the church parking lot and I let the kids just ride around and play all they wanted.  A game of follow the leader soon started and we all had to take turns being in front.  That is one of my favorite memories growing up,  taking a short bike ride over to the church parking lot and just playing around on the sidewalks. 

 Goof balls!
It was fun to be able to do that with my cute little kids!  Hopefully our summer is filled with family bike rides! ☺

2 comments:

Connie said...

Such cute kids! The church parking lot is the best place for bike/scooter riding with little ones!

Tiffany McAlister said...

Yay, bikes! I need to have mine and Lee's "tuned up". I too spent several hours last week getting all the bikes cleaned up, tires pumped, and flats changed!