3.27.2009

The Lost Tooth

"I can't believe this is happening to me!"

Emily exclaimed as she clutched a small wrinkled envelope in her hand. She stood in the hallway as the early morning sunlight was beckoning everyone awake. Her eyes danced as she came running into her mother’s room still dressed in her purple Hannah Montana nightgown.

"I can't believe this!" She said again. "The tooth fairy even wrote a note on the envelope!"

Sure enough, the well slept on envelope had more writing and it was even in a different color. It read:

To: Tooth Fairy
From: Mily (on the top bunk)
Thanks for the tooth Mily! See you for the next tooth! TF

When she shook the little envelope it rattled as if there were several shiny coins hidden inside the folds of paper. She ran out of the room squealing with delight as she found her brothers and showed them her new treasure. They each got a turn holding the envelope and examining it's seal...How did the tooth fairy get the tooth out and put all that money inside without breaking the seal? - They wondered out loud.

Truly a mystery we may never know, but there is one thing we know for sure. Mily will always remember the day when she lost her very first tooth, and the magical tooth fairy made her a friendly visit worth about $1.30!


The End.

2 comments:

WRYUN said...

Priceless! I still have the first note I wrote to the tooth fairy. I asked her to bring me $9.00. I'm not sure what I wanted for that exact amount, but whatever. I probably got a nickel...

Pollyanna said...

Very nicely written! I love the story!! Mily looks so cute... :)