1.21.2009
What sport?
Let's be honest...I'm not an athlete, I'm not very good at sports, but I at least try...I think that's why I get put in these positions. To date I have coached (or sub-coached) for my kids' soccer team(s) as well as volley ball, tee-ball and now believe it or not, I actually coached basketball last Saturday. Josh is in Jr Jazz basketball right now, and to make it even more fun, his cousin is also on the team. It's fun for us because when we go to the games we have family to sit with and our kids can play together. Anyway, Josh's coach came up to us last week and (while looking at our husbands) asked if there was anyone who would be willing to help him out at the next game. Yeah so out of the four of us, I knew it would be me doing it....I really didn't know what I was doing, but I had fun. My SIL was out there with me trying to get all the kids doing the same things at the same time. I sure appreciate her stepping up and helping out too...like me, basketball isn't really her sport! Oh, but here is something neat my Sisters showed up (with family) to watch Josh's game. That was so sweet, especially since they had to drive a ways to get there! Then my awesome BIL took some pictures with his camera, which was great because I forgot mine...again! As we watched Josh run up and down the court with his team mates and 'try' to block the girl that he was paired up against, and laughed at his attempt to block her, we said..."and that is why we are here, so hopefully he will learn something and get a little better!" I'm glad he is having fun, that's half the battle right there! So hopefully I will remember to bring my camera so I can show off my cute little basketball man!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've been going to watch my students play on their Junior Jazz team each Saturday. It's a lot of fun to see them working so well together.
It's great that you AND your family support Josh.
Rock on, Rhoadster!
I think it's great you're helping to coach. I'm looking forward to coaching the girls t-ball team this Spring. I think it will be fun. :)
First off, cute page! And secondly, way to step up to the plate and coach basketball. Ha ha, that's awesome. I'm assuming it was Tiff who helped out? Fun!!
Post a Comment