1.05.2009

Grandma A

We have adopted a new grandma. My kids even call her Grandma A, she is a member of our ward and has helped me out many times with my kids. In fact, lately she has just saved herself the trouble of 'coming' to my rescue during sacrament meeting and has started to sit with my little family. My kids LOVE her, she is so good with them. The first time she sat with us, Mily went and sat next to her, I've never seen little Mily so well behaved AND happy...usually I threaten and then they behave. Grandma also has a lot of helpful ideas and advice for me. She has been in my exact situation and other situations that have been much harder than mine. So she can really sympathize with me. At the same time it also gives me some motivation to try just as hard as she did...without complaining too much.


A month ago she brought a little toy for Mily to play with, which Mily LOVED. So Grandma A decided to make one special for her. This past Sunday after the Sacrament, grandma pulled it out, leaned over and whispered in her ear ... you should have seen this girls eye's light up! During the meeting I would occasionally glance over to see her still wrapped up in her new toy. At one point I even saw her re-enacting her shock and surprise look when she first got it...my little actress. So funny. What grandma didn't know is that the fabric she picked for the inside was light pink with a pattern of dark pink ROSES...her FAVORITE. My little Mily Rose was in heaven. She gave grandma hugs and thanks and just before we left I encouraged Mily to go up to grandma one more time and tell her how much she liked the gift. I listened as she ran over there and gave her another hug and told Grandma A...I love you One Hundred and Sixty-Nine! --That's pretty impressive!

So it looks like a cute little purse...

But, open it up and it's a bassinet!

And I just found out today that Baby Rose Mary is her name....I think there might be some heart strings crocheted in there somewhere...Mily told me: "Grandma A loves me the most!"


Thanks Grandma A, I don't know what we would do without you!

No comments: