3.12.2012

Mr. Cassidy and the Blue and Gold

First I'd like to start this post off by saying I think Cub Scouts is a wonderful program, my only complaint is...
that I wish the boys would be a little more responsible with their things!  Really?  You ran over your BRAND NEW book with your bike on accident?  Really?

Regardless we sure are proud of Josh and all he has earned in scouting so far.  Too bad mom is lame and hasn't gotten all his patches sewn on!
Although to my defense most of the other mom's outsource to either their own mom or their mother in law!  (fair?)
Getting the "mom's pin!

I love that the gal taking our picture included Rusty!  How fun!

So we'll take a little break from Cub scouts to talk about school for a minute.  Josh had a homework assignment to learn detail about an important person in history and he was given Butch Cassidy. 
After he read and learned about his assignment he was then suppose to dress the part and participate in a wax museum at school!  (see how awesome his costume is?  Mom's shirt, dad's Pioneer vest (thanks Verlene) a bandanna, cowboy hat and not to mention the 5 o'clock shadow!...not bad for being put together 20 minutes before he had to be on the bus!)
They had a button on his shoulder that you can push and the "wax statue" would start reciting facts that they had learned about his character!  Totally cute!  I overheard two adults (one was the principle) saying how great Josh looked and did on this assignment!  Way to go Joshie!

Alright back to cub scouts....Blue and Gold Banquet was coming up which means Josh needed to make a cake.  Knowing this was going to be his last cake as a cub scout (Here is the post about his other two cakes! ) he wanted to do something big.  The theme this year was "The Wild West" and they asked the boys to make a cake with the theme so he went big!  We decided to cheat (because everyone loved it last year) and go with the rice krispie treats.  Easy to mold and cover with icing!  Josh did most of the work this year!
 Ready to go and show off his cake!
 Oh wait, did I tell you we were asked to dress up for the occasion!  Butch Cassidy outfit already made...sweet!  The little boys got to get out their pioneer stuff too (Awww, those use to be Joshie and Wesley's vests....thanks again Verlene!)
A few years ago I found that Great Grandma McPhie had some pioneer skirts (a few different sizes) in the DI pile so I grabbed them and Emily and I were able to go as twiners...sweet!  (sorry no pictures, that's what happens when I take ALL the pictures!)
 Josh's cake competition!  (btw he got an award for the biggest cake!!)
 Some creative cakes!
Then we did some good old fashion dancing like the Virginal Reel!  (notice Shawn is dressed up in some of his pioneer clothes (thanks Verlene!).
 Cutest couple (don't tell Josh!)
 Having fun!
Yee-Haw!  Them are sum dang hansome boyz.
 My girl, having fun! 

My kids have mentioned several times since this night that if they had been doing costume contests our family would have won!  Yup, we like to live it up at cub scouts!  Yessiree!!

2 comments:

Cristy said...

Your family looks great! The cake was nice too, you have talented children for sure! They get it from their parents though, I can tell!

Doug & April said...

So fun! It looks like you guys had a blast! The costumes were great.

Now I want a rice krispie treat! :)

Is that a donut monkey flinging poo?? LOL so great!!